BI analytics tools have changed the dynamics of the business world in spectacular ways. Before the invention of analytics platforms, many business decisions were products of guesswork. It was very difficult for decision makers to assess the impact a specific decision had on their outcomes.
Analytics tools have made it much easier for them to draw causal relationships between key decisions and business outcomes. There are a lot of valuable analytics tools on the market, which have helped many organizations with their BI.
New analytics tools reach the market every year, while others are phased out. Some BI analytics tools like Crazy Egg and Google Analytics have been available for years. Unfortunately, some very useful tools such as compete.com where discontinued for surprising reasons.
Here are some of the top analytics tools for BI.
Sisense is a very detailed analytics platform that helps users come up with actionable plans. This tool has won multiple awards, including the Finances Online Best Business Intelligence Award for 2017. It uses a drag and drop GUI interface to consolidate all relevant data.
There are a number of benefits of using Sisense for your BI. You can aggregate every data set from every single source and consolidate them into a single, central repository. This makes your data very easy to access.
Sisense is also excellent for collaborative BI projects. You can easily share all of your data and reports with all members of your team.
Google Analytics has been the most popular website analytics tool since 2005. Between 30-50% of all websites with a known analytics tool rely on Google Analytics.
There are a number of reasons that Google Analytics is a valuable tool:
- Google uses data from Google Analytics to monitor website engagement. The search engine uses this information to rank sites in the SERP. This could significantly boost your search engine rankings, provided that you have strong engagement statistics.
- Google Analytics is one of the most dependable web analytics tools available. It rarely loses track of visitor information and the data can be traced for years.
- You can use Google Analytics to set up conversion goals. If you are trying to generate sales, build an email list or fulfill other goals, then this will help you determine the types of content and traffic sources that perform the best.
Google Analytics is free and easy to set up. If you are using word press or another CMS, then you can automatically install the tracking code across your site with a relevant plugin.
Cyfe is a very comprehensive analytics tool. While many other analytics platforms focus on specific metrics, Cyfe connects marketing, customer support, infrastructure, web analytics, social media engagement and finance data.
It is important to remember that many functions of your business are closely intertwined. Since Cyfe collects a wide variety of data, you can use it to look at correlations between your sales strategy and customer support requests or accounts receivable data. By taking a top down analytics approach with Cyfe, you will be able to make much more nuanced decisions based on data showing how they affect the entirety of your organization.
Oribi is in event-based website tracking and analytics tool. Google Analytics is great for tracking traffic, but it does not record website events with nearly as much detail as Oribi.
Here are some of the things that you can do with Oribi:
- You can track any number of events on your website. You can monitor clicks, sales, email subscriptions and downloads.
- Data can be organized into time series. This allows you to monitor changes in events over time. You can use this data to determine the best days, hours and seasons for different types of conversions. This can be very insightful if you are planning on scheduling content to maximize conversions.
- You can monitor the performance of different marketing channels that you are using. If you’re depending on multiple PPC or media buying platforms, this will help you determine which offer the best ROI. Some marketing channels won’t be profitable, so using Oribi can help you rule them out.
- Determine which pages of content help users best answer the questions that you have posed to them.
- Get a detailed history of all of your visitors. This is useful if you need to see how long it takes to convert a user.
Oribi is a great conversion monitoring tool. It is especially helpful for brands that have a long conversion process.